Sunday, February 6, 2011

Making Work Pay Credit

Taxpayers with earned income will get Making Work Pay credit on their 2010 tax return. It is 6.2% of your earned income with a maximum of $400 ($800 if married filing jointly). You must file schedule M (Form 1040 or 1040A) to claim the credit. Include the credit on line 63 of Form 1040 or line 40 of Form 1040A. If you are filing Form 1040-EZ, include the credit on line 8 and do not file schedule M. Those with AGI of more than $95,000 ($190,000 if married filing jointly), nonresidents and dependents do not get this credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment